Monday, June 23, 2008

This past week . . .

Don't you just love this picture? I needed a purple hydrangea fix today to combat the heat and brown dirt in Phoenix. :0(

I lost track of time and stopped posting! Father's Day was very low key due to Ronda, our daughter-in-law, being ill with strep throat. So, we have had strep in the house, but praise God, no one else caught it and she is much better. We had a couple of days where some of us didn't feel great, but we are all good at this point.

We celebrated Father's Day with the kids here, ate steaks and sat under the fan and a/c.

Its the beginning of my third week at the gym - another praise. I started weight training, as well as cardio. My muscles are yelling rude words at me. :0)

Sad news yesterday - one of our friends died unexpectedly. He was 30 and we have known him since he was in jr. high. We watched as he brought his girlfriend to the youth group at our house, smiled as they fell in love and celebrated when they were married nearly 8 years ago. Derek will be missed. He was a talented poet, winning many awards in his short lifetime. He was devoted to his wife Katina. The Lord called him home long before we were ready to let him go. One day we'll understand why those younger than us sometimes die first. This side of heaven, I don't think we can grasp it.

Blessed be the name of the Lord,

In His love He gives and takes away

He loves us passionately.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. Thank you for being an example of praising God when it is most tough.

I am SO proud of you for your commitment to exercising - I'm not doing good at all - been feeling so blah.

Thanks for the purple flowers, they brightened my day.

Love you!

God's Girl said...

I love, love, love purple hydrangas (sp?)! Thanks for sharing!

My Blessed Life said...

Thanks for the flowers they are pretty. You are in my prayers. God bless you my friend.